Thursday, June 30, 2011

The people at 'RunningJunkies' are Wicked Awesome!

  Today being rest day, it seems improbable that at this point in my training I would have anything to post about, right?  That is what I thought until this afternoon at lunch when I was checking out facebook on my iPhone.  It turns out that I had won a contest I had entered on RunningJunkies.  The contest required you to send an email explaining why you were training for your first marathon or half marathon.  I sent my story, which I had put into my first post and apparently they liked it and decided I deserved to win.  The prize is a  copy of "The Beginner's Guide to Marathon and Half Marathon training" by Marnie Caron.  I was Wicked excited to win the contest.  I very rarely win anything so it made my day.  I cant wait to receive the book and start planing the rest of my training that comes after I finish my 13 week walk-to-run program.  RunningJunkies has a few sites aside from the facebook page above.  http://www.runningjunkies.com/, and A RunningJunkies Blog as well.  They seem like awesome people, and I am not just saying that because they are giving me a free book!  All of my correspondence with them was very pleasant and they seem to be very excited about running and supportive to beginners which is awesome!  They are worth checking out. 
     Well I have used 2 "wicked"s and 2 "awesome"s already.  My Boston is showing.  I should probably finish this post before I start talking about the recent capture of Whitey Bulger, The Bruins recent win of the Stanley cup or any one of the Kennedys.
Keep Running!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! Thank you so much for included us in your blog We are so honored!! We hope you enjoy the book and we hope to see you at the Disney Marathon. Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete